The Winter 2019 Grant Season is closed.
The Fall 2019 Grant Season will open on August 15th and run through October 20th 2019.
This grant template can be used to help organize and plan your grant before submitting applications via the online tool. Please do not submit this form via US mail or email. Grants will only be accepted via the online tool, accessible above.
District Funding Priorities and Initiatives
REF representatives meet annually with RSD staff to identify district funding priorities for the following school year. These district funding priorities guide REF’s fundraising efforts for the year. In instances where a particular district funding initiative is identified, REF may perform targeted fundraising around the initiative and the initiative may be promoted at REF events.
Classroom and School Enrichment Grants
REF classroom and school enrichment grants support a broad range of projects and materials that enhance the District curriculum and actively engage students in learning. Two types of grants are awarded: General and Health and Wellness. Teachers, staff, parents and students may apply. Parent and student applications must have a school staff sponsor, and all grants must be approved by the principal of the school involved. Individual classroom grants will be awarded up to $1000. Grade-level, department-wide, or school-wide programs serving less than 300 students will be awarded up to $3000. School-wide programs serving more than 300 students will be awarded up to $5000.
Enrichment grants are based strictly on merit. Priority will be given to projects that:
- Stimulate learning and enhance or expand the school curriculum
- Support innovative teaching methods
- Possess a high degree of active student engagement
- Maximize the number of students involved
- Introduce useful supplies/resources to the school
- Have potential for repetition or can be adapted to other classes/groups
Health and Wellness grants are held to the same criteria as the General grants, but also must support or promote the physical, nutritional, or emotional health and wellness of Riverview students.
NOTE: Preference will be given to projects implemented during school hours, but exceptional extracurricular proposals will be considered.
The REF Classroom and School Enrichment Grant Program does not fund:
- Substitute or release time for Riverview staff
- Projects, materials or programs not consistent with the goals of the Riverview School District
- Reimbursement for projects, materials, or programs